Sunday, March 13, 2011

Base is assembled

I assembled the base. I had created the legs and left and right stretchers a few weeks ago. I had made the front and rear stretchers only to get interrupted for a little bit. I sometimes have to slip little bits of work in when I can.

This is the assembled base.

I saw someone had created some dog holes in the leg opposite where the leg vise will be eventually. I decided to do this as well. This is a good idea for two reasons. It gives you a place to store the holdfasts and acts similar to a sliding deadman for longer boards.

Next bit of work will involve working on the top for the end vise and mortising for the base. Leg vise is something I plan on but will come later after I make another interruption to work on a project for the wife.

No comments: